The Pear by John Steinbeck

August 9, 2010


The Pearl is a book written by John Steinbeck. This book is a parable, which is a short story that involves moral lesson in it. After reading this book, the ending of the story I am kinda happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy because Kino has learned his lesson. He let go The Pearl because it had caused him to lose his son. Also there was a closure for Kino as he had to throw The Pearl back into the sea himself. I'm sad too, because Coyotito (Kino Son) died. Poor baby he was so innocent but he was killed in the end. And for Kino, I felt sorry for him because he did not succeed in improving his life and he had lost everything. His house which was burned down, his canoe the source of his income was destroyed. Finally, he lost his only son (Coyotito).

The moral lesson that I think we should learn is that things are not what is impotant in person lives. What is important is life itself and family too. To be a selfish person is not a good paradigm to have. When Kino found The Pearl he become a materialistic and selfish. It took the life of his son to realized what he had and what he lost.


To all my friends, co-bloggers and visitors, I strongly recommend this book to all of you to read it. I'm pretty sure you will learn a lot in it.



0 comments:

Language Translator

Search This Blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers